PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
- 1. Terms of website use
includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site.
- 2. Privacy
- 3. Information about us
- 3.1. Our site is a website operated by SamKnows Limited ("we"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06510477 and have our registered office at Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR. Our VAT number
is GB 936025140.
- 4. Changes to these terms
- 4.2. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- 5. Changes to our site
- 5.1. We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- 5.2. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- 6. Accessing our site
- 6.1. Our site is made available free of charge.
- 6.2. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without
notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 6.3. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
- 6.5. Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product
described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- 7. Your use of our site
- 7.1. In using our site you agree that you shall not:
- (a) do anything to encourage, procure or carry out any criminal activity;
- (b) use our site for any purpose other than your personal use;
- (c) use our site for any purpose that is against any law;
- (d) email, transmit or otherwise disseminate any content which is in our sole opinion defamatory, obscene, in breach of copyright or any other third party rights, vulgar or indecent or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive
or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or is otherwise unlawful;
- (e) advertise or promote third party or your own products or services including by way of the distribution of 'spam' email;
- (f) transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; and/or
- (g) access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or penetrate or attempt to penetrate our site's security measures.
- 7.2. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to our site at any time without notice at our discretion if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of the restrictions above.
- 8. Your account and password
- 8.1. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 8.3. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at SamKnows Limited, 135 Park Street, London, SE1 9EA.
- 9. Intellectual property rights
- 9.1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- 9.2. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- 9.3. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying
- 9.4. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- 9.5. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- 10. No reliance on information
- 10.1. The content on our site is provided on an "as is" basis and is for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining
from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- 10.2. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- 11. Limitation of our liability
- 11.2. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 11.3. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- (a) use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- (b) use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- 11.4. If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- (a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- (b) business interruption;
- (c) loss of anticipated savings;
- (d) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- (e) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- 11.5. If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business,
business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 11.6. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material
due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- 11.7. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of
- 11.8. Different limitations and exclusions of liability may apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods or services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply for such goods and/or services.
- 12. Viruses
- 12.1. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- 12.2. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- 12.3. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which
our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence
under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to
use our site will cease immediately.
- 13. Linking to our site
- 13.1. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- 13.2. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 13.3. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- 13.4. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- 13.5. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 13.6. The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in Clause 7 above.
- 13.7. If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 14. Third party links and resources in our site
- 14.1. Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
- 14.2. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- 15. Applicable law
you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- 16. Trade marks
- 16.1. SamKnows is a UK registered trade mark of SamKnows Limited.
- 17. Contact us
- 17.1. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.