About the role
SamKnows is the global leader in internet performance measurement. We’ve been collecting data since 2008 on all manner of metrics, from how good Netflix performance is to figuring out why Fortnite isn’t working for gamers. The SamKnows product teams build tools to visualise data for the most influential internet regulators and service providers in the world.
That’s where you come in. You’ll be working closely with our Senior Product Designer, Aisling Foley, and Creative Director, Simon Cook, working as part of our cross-discipline Product team to gather user feedback and design products that our users will love. If you’re self-organising, UI-focused, familiar with various design systems, and embrace agile working, then it’s likely that you’re the perfect fit for us.
You’ll be joining a supportive and collaborative team where hard-working, determined, and responsible candidates will thrive. We’re always keen to hear new ideas and feedback on processes, so having confidence to instigate change and make things better is essential.
Best of all, SamKnows is the place to change a job into a career. There are tonnes of opportunities to progress with additional responsibility and autonomy on offer if you want it.
- Help turn our data into insights that anyone can understand
- Create powerful data visualisation tools that are simple and easy to use
- Work in the product teams to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the build process
- Design elegant and practical solutions for a global audience across web, iOS, and Android platforms
- Give and solicit feedback from our product teams
- Collaborate with product, engineering and other stakeholders to help create briefs and develop product requirements
- Facilitate and participate in cross-discipline workshops and discussions as part of early product definition.
Desirable Skills / Experience
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, android, iOS)
- Data visualisation experience
- Experience creating and maintaining a bespoke design system
- +3 years experience
- Rapid wireframe and prototyping skills
- Hi-fidelity design skills
- Great communication skills, including the ability to explain your design solutions
- Excellent time management and self-organisation
- Contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with engineers and managers