About the role
SamKnows is the global leader in internet performance measurement. We’ve been collecting data since 2008 on all manner of metrics, from how good Netflix performance is to figuring out why Fortnite isn’t working for gamers. The SamKnows front-end team plays a crucial role in how this data is displayed on our cloud-based analytics platform for the most influential Internet Regulators and Service Providers in the world.
That’s where you come in. You’ll be working as part of our multi-functional product teams to build features and products that our users will love. If you’re self-organising, embrace agile working and are user experience focused, with a good understanding of the product lifecycle and are familiar with Vue.js or React, then it’s likely that you’re the perfect fit for us.
You’ll be joining a supportive and collaborative team where hard-working, determined and responsible candidates will thrive. We’re always keen to hear new ideas and feedback on processes, so someone happy to instigate change and motivated to make things better is essential.
Best of all, SamKnows is the place to change a job into a career. There are tons of opportunities to progress with additional responsibility and autonomy on offer if you want it.
Our team often goes to conferences and makes use of the generous SamKnows training budget.
Here's a couple things you could be working on:
- Growing and maintaining our storybook-powered component library
- Helping improve SamKnows One, our central product, with new features and improvements
- Helping maintaining our marketing sites using our reusable component library, as well as adding new pages created by our creative team to our main site: samknows.com
Our tech stack
- Vue.js, Vue CLI 3, Vuex, vue-router to power our sites
- Cypress for end-to-end testing
- ES6+ and TypeScript for writing the actual code
- ESLint / Prettier for code formatting
- Highcharts for charting and Leaflet for mapping
- Jest for unit testing
- Storybook for our component library
- SASS / Atomic design / BEM / Bootstrap grid (flexbox)
- A tiny bit of node.js
- Prismic as our headless CMS
(This is what we use, not a wish list - don't worry if you don't know what some of this is!)
- Experience with Git
- Worked in an Agile environment and good understanding of AGILE principles
- Self learner
- Self organised and can work independently with good interpersonal and communication skills
- You have some familiarity with a modern JS framework such as React, Vue, Svelte etc. (or you are enthusiastic about learning more about them).
- Interest in design systems, component library, living styleguide, or reusable components/styling
- Desire to learn about testing techniques: unit and end to end (we use Jest and Cypress)
- Understanding of REST APIs
- You understand the value in delivering quality work—as opposed to building quick code that'll need to be rewritten later
- You understand that the web is for everyone and build inclusive, accessible systems.