About the role
SamKnows is the global leader in internet performance measurement. We've been collecting data since 2008 on all manner of metrics, from how good Netflix performance is to figuring out why Fortnite isn't working for gamers. We're constantly building next-generation performance tests to help build a better, faster, smoother future internet for everyone.
We're looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and highly organised Account Manager based in our office in Tysons Corner, Washington D.C. The successful applicant will create and maintain long-term, trusting relationships with our government, internet service provider, and manufacturer clients. Your role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned clients, develop new business from existing clients, and actively seek new sales opportunities. We work across many different time zones and so you may be required to work flexible hours to suit different clients, and to travel.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all client account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives as well as contractual agreements
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within the Americas
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager working in a fast-growing tech company.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software, MS Office (particularly MS Excel), Gsuite and Keynote
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field