About the role
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and highly organised Account Manager at SamKnows, (offices in Tysons Corner, Washington).
In 2008 SamKnows invented a technology that accurately measures internet performance. Today, this software is used by Governments and companies around the world, from the USA to Australia, and SamKnows is regarded as the global leader in internet performance measurement. We are a independent, fast growing and profitable company with clients spread across the globe.
We are looking for talented, self-motivated and hard working individuals, with an interest in technology. The right candidate will have a team-spirited approach to their work and a passion for Account Management and excellent customer service. In return we offer a merit based working environment, with opportunities to grow within the firm.
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for providing day-to-day account management for SamKnows internet regulator clients or Internet Service Provider clients. This role will involve liaising internally within SamKnows and externally with Government Regulators and Internet Service Providers around the world to ensure that we are delivering on our projects.
As an Account Manager at SamKnows you will ensure that project deliverables meet and exceed the required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost, and in alignment with both customer expectations and contractual commitments. You will be highly organised and able to demonstrate first class administration skills. Exceptional Microsoft Office and Keynote skills are a must. You will be an excellent and sensitive communicator, able to deal with a broad range of high profile clients, and work on your own initiative. Being fluent in a second language is a plus.
We are looking for people with experience within a fast paced technology company, You will be a self-starter and have lots of enthusiasm. You will thrive on problem solving, work well under pressure, and be able to prioritise your own workload. A keen eye for detail is also a must. SamKnows is a global company with clients all over the world. We work across many different times zones and therefore the right candidate will be required to work flexible hours to suit different clients and to travel.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all client account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives as well as contractual agreements
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within the Americas
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager working in a fast-growing tech company.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software, MS Office (particularly MS Excel), Gsuite and Keynote
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field