About the role
As a Product Designer at SamKnows, you will work in a small cross-discipline team across all stages of the product design process. From initial concepts tackling challenging problems right through to iterating on polished interfaces before release. We’re looking for someone to influence the product direction, across a range of products that solve real problems. Our ideal colleague is someone who is a naturally inquisitive problem solver, that’s comfortable moving quickly and responding to change as we learn.
What you will do:
- Own the end-to-end design process, from problem definition and user research, through to prototyping and polished visual/interaction design.
- Define and validate business or user problems and explore solutions that contain the right balance of simplicity, pragmatism & innovation.
- Carry out usability testing and user experience research to test assumptions and validate solutions.
- Rapidly prototype potential solutions, identify which has the most promise, and mobilise the team to deliver a minimal viable product to validate with real users.
- Work collaboratively with your team & the business stakeholder to define both long-term strategy and short-term tactics to improve our products.
- Work closely with the design & front end development team to grow & finesse our design system.
We're looking for someone that:
- Wants to solve complex technical problems, getting deep into the details, and the business logic underpinning it.
- Is results-driven and knows how to use data to both define problems and to evaluate whether your solutions address those problems.
- Has end-to-end product design experience, strong user interface and interaction design skills as well as research and prototyping.
- Think in systems and are able to translate work into reusable patterns that can be used across our products.
- Are skilled in communicating work, process, and design decisions to the team & business stakeholders.
- Data visualisation and/or development experience would be a bonus, but not essential
What you get from us:
- Autonomy with real opportunities for growth and development
- Stimulating work, lots of problem solving and passionate team
- Private healthcare, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
- New contemporary office, with flexible and remote working
A research and monitoring service for internet, in-home and application performance. Founded in 2009, SamKnows is recognised as a leader in internet performance measurement. Over the last 10 years we have built a global measurement platform, considered vital to governments, ISPs and consumers, especially now.
Our Product Categories:
Tools for consumers and ISPs to help identify the contributing factors of poor home internet performance. This could be the devices being used, home WiFi, internet service provided by ISPs or problems with the actual applications being used. We measure everything from Fortnite to the performance of your new iPhone and can find faults anywhere. Our goal is to make this information accessible to all consumers, regardless of their technical knowledge.
- Internet performance:
We’re looking at the data from multiple homes, and building models of normal performance and then identifying anomalies. We then look for the root cause of the anomalies and then notify the correct person. This is a service used by ISPs and Governments. Most recently we have been working with ISPs to identify network outages and governments to respond to natural disasters. The next generation of this system which is in prototype today will be used to monitor entire networks to provide realtime alerting on performance issues.
- Application Performance:
We are measuring an ever-growing number of internet services: gaming, social, video conferencing, popular websites, edutech services, etc. You will work with our Test Engineers to understand how applications perform and can be tested. And then design accessible visualisations for the data for our dashboard: SamKnows One. This could be Snapchat, Zoom, Call of Duty, Netflix, AWS, etc.