About the role
At SamKnows we are looking for a Legal Counsel to work with internal and external stakeholders on a broad range of international commercial work related to internet performance measurement and monitoring. You’ll be working closely with our CEO, Alex Salter, and the directors of our commercial teams to strategise, develop and execute commercial agreements with Internet Service Providers and Government regulators around the world.If you’re an experienced in house Lawyer at a technology company that has worked on large international contracts, enjoy working in a dynamic environment, taking initiative and are super organised then it’s likely that you’re the perfect fit for us.
You’ll be joining a supportive and collaborative team where hard-working, determined and responsible candidates will thrive. We’re always keen to hear new ideas and feedback on processes, so someone happy to instigate change and motivated to make things better (with a keen eye for detail) is essential.
- Structuring, drafting, strategising and negotiating commercial agreements with clients based in the UK and Internationally
- Provide clear, high-quality legal advice on a wide range of commercial and corporate issues to the SamKnows team
- Ensure that SamKnows website and products comply with applicable laws and regulations, for example relating to data protection
- Ensure SamKnows intellectual property is protected
- Support SamKnows with litigation when required
- Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales, Europe or America
- Minimum of 4 years commercial legal experience in a global law firm, preferably in technology or in house at a technology company
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgment sense
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced organisation maintaining close contact with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to provide useful and efficient counsel