About the role
SamKnows is the global leader in internet performance measurement. We’ve been collecting data since 2008 on all manner of metrics, from how good Netflix performance is to figuring out why Fortnite isn’t working for gamers. The SamKnows Government Team works with the most influential Internet Regulators in the world and our single biggest output for our Regulator projects is our reporting and data analysis.
That’s where you come in. You’ll be working closely with the Director, Government Projects, Roxanne Robinson, analysing and visualising the enormous amounts of data we’ve collected. If you’re curious and inquisitive, and interested in showing what strategic insights can be drawn from incredibly comprehensive and complex data sets then it’s likely that you’re the perfect fit for us.
You’ll be joining a supportive and collaborative team where hard-working, determined and responsible candidates will thrive. We’re always keen to hear new ideas and feedback on processes, so someone happy to instigate change and motivated to make things better is essential.
Best of all, SamKnows is the place to change a job into a career. There are tons of opportunities to progress with additional responsibility and autonomy on offer if you want it.
We’ve got a list of "must haves" below (i.e. what you need to apply for the role) so take a look. If the above sounds interesting we’d love to hear from you.
- Interpret data and analyse results using R to provide charts and data visualisation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement databases, data collections systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and clean data to ensure that the data used in visualisations is robust.
- Work with the Director, Government Projects to prioritise business and information needs.
- Ensure that work being produced is tested for validity.
- Locate and define new process improvement and automation opportunities.
- Complete pull requests for fellow Data Analysts.
- Proven work experience as a Data Analyst working with large sets of data.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Strong background in Maths and Statistics.
- Experience creating publication ready data visualisations in R.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.), programming (R).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (we use R).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to organise and manage time with varied priorities.